Abingdon Speakers Welcomes YOU
You really can have fun overcoming your fears of speaking in public.
Our welcoming and friendly club will support you in achieving your speaking potential. Transform your life for the better, with confidence and style.
- It is free to visit
- We really will be happy to meet you
- The club is not a clique and it is not exclusive - it is open to all people over 18
- We understand how scary it can be to meet new people, especially when starting something you may fear
- Whatever your background we will put you at ease
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen
Sir Winston Churchill
How we help you
- We guide you into the tried-and-trusted Toastmasters Pathways Learning Experience.
- We provide an encouraging, peer-led environment where we don’t criticise – we evaluate and suggest ideas to improve.
- We get you started on the Toastmasters Pathways program – a structured approach to developing quickly and overcoming your fears”. “We’ll allocate once of our more-experienced members to assist you in getting to grips with club meetings and Pathways as well as encouraging you and answering any questions you may have.
- Pathways is a series of 10 learning tracks with projects for you to do that develop public speaking, interpersonal communication, strategic leadership, management skills and above all, confidence.
Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other
John F. Kennedy